SCANDAL IN SCOTLAND is about a sea captain.
No, I mean a REAL ship’s captain. A man’s man. One who swaggers when he walks because he’s master of all he surveys. A man like …
Yes, THAT kind of captain!
I could write a hundred things that I think are cool about SCANDAL IN SCOTLAND, but then I’d have to tell you the entire plot and that seemed like overkill, so I’m just going to tell you five things that are awesome . . . today.
I might tell you five more tomorrow if the mood hits me. But we’ll hope I stop there. It would be sad not to want the book because the author (which would be me) squealed all of the book’s secrets on my own website.
So, without further ado – and showing considerable restraint – here are FIVE AWESOME THINGS ABOUT SCANDAL IN SCOTLAND :
5) The hero is William Hurst, a sea captain and the son of a vicar. He is neither duke, earl, viscount, nor prince. He’s a commoner, though a darn hunky, ripped, sexy commoner. SO sexy that Romantic Times Reviews gave William their K.I.S.S. Award and wrote, ““Who wouldn’t start a SCANDAL IN SCOTLAND just to have a man like Karen Hawkins’ wildly exciting sea captain William Hurst?”
So yeah. Take THAT you dukes and earls and princes! William Hurst is hot AND hunky!
4) My hero is really, really, reaaaally, REALLY good with his sword.
3) The heroine of SCANDAL IN SCOTLAND is Marcail Beauchamp, an accomplished actress. Actresses occupied a very interesting position in society in the Regency time. Nowadays, actors and actresses are not only accepted everywhere, but are treated like royalty themselves. But in the Regency era, actors and actresses were not yet fully accepted and were even shunned by segments of upper class society. My very talented heroine has to factor that sad fact into her life, which added many layers to who she is and why.
2) The next Hurst Amulet book, SEDUCED IN SCOTLAND, will be on shelves near you on October 18th, so you don’t have long to wait to find out what happens to Robert! You do, however, get to meet his heroine in SCANDAL IN SCOTLAND . . . and it’ll be very obvious he’s supposed to be with her!!!
1) Men with dark hair and blue eyes make me shiver. I hope William makes you shiver, too.
SCANDAL IN SCOTLAND is on a shelf near you!
Ok, I’m not going to tell you any more. Well, I *may* say a few things on my Facebook page. Come and visit me there if you get the chance and see what other things I may reveal. Who knows? If I say enough, you might not have to buy the book!